Sunday, May 26, 2013

Finally settled in...

I'm finally settled in with a main game. Here's what I am talking about:

This all started with Bioshock Infinite. I have that game about four play throughs. It is an amazing game and I will eventually play through it again as the gameplay, visuals, and story are top notch. However, it isn't something that souls last forever as even a game of that caliber can only be played so many times before monotony sets in. 

The first game I tried to get back into after that was Guild Wars 2. It really is a good game but there was just something about it that made it overly difficult to get into. So, I started up SWTOR again because I love the Star Wars universe. This is where I also figured out what the problem was with Guild Wars. I am just tired of that style of game. The WoW style is just old. I'm burned out on it.

For a while I thought I may be leaving the video game world and totally unsure of what kind of hobby I would try to get into. Eve was getting exceedingly frustrating in how much time it takes to create your own content, Guild Wars and SWTOR have a boring game model, and i dont make enough money to be picking up 4 or 5 games a month for the single player experience. Well, I found my new game and have a friend, Josh, to thank. He came over for dinner one night and we started to swap turns at DUST 514. After he left I continued to play until 2am.

Being back in New Eden I started to link up with some EVE friends who had made the transition to DUST. Fast forward about a month and here I sit. I can't get enough of the game and it seems like there is only more greatness to come. I am in a corp with some extremely talented dust bunnies and am working on getting into planetary conquest where we fight over districts on planets in EVE online.

Incase you are looking for someone to squad up with my name in DUST is Pugnacious Squirrel. Hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment